Everything You Need to Know About Push Ads
It’s time to make it official: We have Push Notification Ads! In case you’ve been living under a rock lately, Push Ads are pretty much the hottest ad-format out there. Whether you’re a newbie or an old-time player, here’s everything you need to know before getting started:
What are Push Ads?
Push Ads will seem to the user just like a regular notification or a message. They will be sent directly to his mobile or desktop device (even when he’s not browsing), and feature offers or updates. If done right and with the right creatives, the user will most likely click the ad and then be redirected to your landing page or website. How does it work? Simple.
Users grant their permission in order to get Push Ads (Whether it’s through an APP or through a web browser) and that allows us to send them your offers according to your preferred targeting.
With Push Ads, you can target your audience by Geo, Device, OS, Browser, Carrier, zip code/state/city (available only upon request, so you’ll need to contact your account manager) and our latest targeting addition – user age – meaning you can choose between 3 different types of users according to their time of presence on our database.
Why are Push Ads so highly converting?
Since Push Ads are sent directly to the users’ mobile or desktop devices, even when they are not browsing, you can gain users’ attention anytime, anywhere.
Push Ads have an exceptional reach and a very high click-through-rate (CTR) due to the fact they are sent immediately to a large number of high-intent users, that are bound to see it.
All there’s left to do is to provide them with the right offer & the right creative and make them click.
We can say for sure that most of the offers are experiencing excellent results, but these following verticals do stand out among the rest:
- Mobile Content
- Sports Betting
- Make Money
- Video Streaming
- Mobile content
What makes our Push Ads so good?
- We have a global subscriber base that is continuously renewed and expanded. We’re talking about millions of users that are not yet “worn out,” and you can start promoting your offers to them right away!
- Bot-free traffic – Thanks to our high-quality database of users, we experience a minimal bot activity. You can trust our word for it or read what Servando Silva had to say about it: “While on average I get 1-2% of bot/suspicious traffic from other push notification sources, so far with SelfAdvertiser I’m getting less than 0.5%. That’s low even in terms of push notification standards.”
- Low CPC rates to get you started and remember, you spend your budget only on impressions that lead to clicks. Ka-ching! If you wish to see our rates and volumes, use our traffic estimator tool >> add a link
- Over-the-top performance – As mentioned before, Push Ads are sent only to users who granted their permission, so we’re talking about a high intent target-audience that see this ad-format as a non-intrusive and friendly way to get updates on things they are interested in.
- Extended creative options – We offer different creative options that will help you gain users’ attention from the very first sight. With three different options for illustrations (Image, Icon & Badge), you can rest ashore this will lead to higher visibility and generate an instant response.
How do you start your first Push Ads campaign with SelfAdvertiser?
It’s really simple. Just check out our full tutorial video here.
How to do it right?
We’ve gathered some tips & tricks by our experts, to help you nail this like a PRO.
- Emojis speak louder than words – Don’t hesitate to use Emojis in your title and description, since they can help you increase the CTR. Just make sure the emojis you chose fit the context of your offer.
- Be creative – Add a little personal touch to make the user feel like you’re talking to him directly, and that will bring you one step closer to winning his attention. Remember to change your creative often so that it won’t be worn out.
- Keep it simple – The first thing the user sees is the icon and badge illustrations, so make sure you chose them correctly. The format is small, so when choosing them, stick to the basics and don’t try to push it with complicated illustrations. Clear icons and simple images with fewer details will do.
- Power words – You have only a short sentence to gain users’ attention, so the words you write have to be super-attractive, appealing, and concise. Focus on power words, such as sale or deal, to raise users’ awareness.
- Timing is everything – Plan ahead and give that extra thought on when exactly you approach them since poorly timed push notifications will alienate users and produce weak results.